FAQs Laurel Ridge
- What are the move in/move out dates?
- Do I have to bring any furniture?
- What is included in the rent?
- Is the community pet friendly?
- How close is the community to campus?
- Is there parking available?
- When is Rent due/How do I pay rent?
- Do I sign my own lease or with roommates?
- What if my roommates don't get along or I have issues with my roommates?
- What if I have a maintenance issue or need in my apartment?
- What furniture is provided and what is included in the kitchen?
- How do I receive mail and packages?
- What do I need to bring to my apartment?
- Is there insurance coverage in the event of a fire, theft or natural causes? Does my lease provide coverage for my belongings?
Laurel Ridge has limited spaces available for immediate move ins
and can work with you on a lease end date that fits your needs.
Please contact the office to discuss lease terms with our
Back To Questions
Laurel Ridge offers furnished and unfurnished options.
Please contact our office regarding availability.
Laurel Ridge includes internet, cable TV, and pest control. Residents are required to set up electricity prior to move-in and maintain it through their lease term. Sewer and trash services are also to be paid by the resident.
Laurel Ridge is pet friendly! The pet must be registered with the office to be authorized. Contact our office for detailed information on fees, restrictions and other requirements related to our pet policy.
Laurel Ridge Apartments is less than 5 minutes from Texas A&M University and only 15 minutes from Blinn Community College.
Yes, we provide ample parking for residents and their guests.
Rent installments are due on the 1st of each month, and the
initial late fee is charged on the 4th. Laurel Ridge Apartments
offers several convenient ways to make payments.
• Pay in the office with a cashier’s check, personal check, or money order
• Drop a cashier’s check, personal check, or money order in the drop box outside the office after hours
• Pay online through Resident Portal with an electronic check, Master Card, VISA, Discover Card, or Money Gram (fees may apply)
• Set up automatic withdrawals through Resident Portal
• Mail a cashier’s check, personal check, or money order to the office Make sure that if you are paying with a cashier’s check, personal check, or money order, that your first and last name, the date you are turning the check in, and your apartment number are on it so it can be processed.
Each resident is only responsible for the rent on his/her bedroom – this is referred to as “by the bed” leasing rather than a “joint & several” lease. So, if one resident moves out, the remaining roommates are not responsible for that roommate's rent.
Sometimes this happens. Great people sometimes can’t live together for whatever reason. We can match you up with current residents or new lease holders. You also have the opportunity to transfer apartments, dependent on availability (a transfer fee may apply).
Non-emergency service requests (choose whichever option works
best for you):
• Submit a Service Request online using Resident Portal. Follow the prompts to complete the service request.
• Call the office and speak with a Laurel Ridge team member or leave a message if your call is after the office is closed.
For emergency situations (water leaks, and toilet back-up's, AC or Heating issues during weather extremes, non-functioning refrigerators, electrical outages, gas leaks and fire):
• Call the leasing office. We have someone available 24/7.
Laurel Ridge Apartments will include an oven, dishwasher, refrigerator, washer/dryer and select floor plans will come with a microwave. If you want any more information, contact one of our Leasing Specialists!
Mail - Resident mail is delivered by the US Postal Service to
your assigned mailbox. At move-in, you will receive a mailbox key.
When you move-out, if you want to have your mail forwarded, you
will need to complete a Change of Address Form with the local US
Post Office (the community office often has these handy).
Packages - The property will accept packages and they can be retrieved during the property’s business hours with proper ID – you will also receive a text to your mobile device each time a package is delivered.
We recommend that you contact your roommate(s) prior to moving in, to coordinate for many of the common area furnishings such as: television, stereos, trash cans, plates, silverware, cups, pots and pans, etc. For your own personal space, you will need to bring your own bath and grooming products as well as shower curtain and hooks, bath mat, towels, linens, pillows and whatever else makes you feel at home! Your community's team members are a great resource for planning your move; don't hesitate to call us with questions or simply to feel reassured about what you've already prepared.
Is there insurance coverage in the event of a fire, theft or natural causes? Does my lease provide coverage for my belongings?
Resident's or guest's personal property and vehicles are not insured under the apartment lease agreement. We do require that all residents provide proof of insurance against loss or damage due to fire, theft, vandalism, rain, water, criminal negligent acts of others or any other cause. You can purchase a Renter's Insurance policy for a modest annual fee or your parent's home-owner's policy may provide coverage. Of course, you may also obtain coverage through the property’s sponsored provider. Please contact the leasing office for more information.